Sell What You Sow! The Grower’s Guide to Successful Produce Marketing
As the most comprehensive book to date on small farm produce marketing of fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs, Sell What You Sow! offers farmers and market gardeners practical, how-to guidance in making a living from the land. The book is enhanced with real-life anecdotes and examples from master marketers around the country.
If you are a:
- Current or aspiring farmer
- Agricultural students or educator
- Citizen involved in rural revitalization
Then Sell What You Sow! is the book for you!
You will learn about:
- marketing plans
- selecting crops for maximum return
- selling through farmers’ markets, restaurants, roadside markets, pick-your-own operations, rural recreation farms, subscription farming, mail-order and retail outlets
- selling through specialty wholesale channels
- processed products
- customer service
- pricing strategies
- rules, regulations and insurance
- promotion and advertising
A few of our Testimonials (See more here):
|Purely practical from beginning to end, filled with nuts-and-bolts knowledge directly applicable to making a living from selling produce.|
|Far-and-away the outstanding farm produce marketing text. If you’re trying to sell what you grow, this book will quickly pay for itself.|
|Small Farmers Journal|
Eric Gibson is a freelance agricultural writer whose articles have apeared in many national farm trade publications. He is also co-author of The New Farmers’ Market as well as owner of New World Publishing, in Auburn, California, which also publishes Micro Eco-Farming and their latest book: Eat Local.
Click here to see the Table of Contents.
Book Trade Distributors: Independent Publishers Group 1-800-888-4741
$28.95 ◊ 8 1/2 x 11 inches ◊ 296 pages ◊ ISBN: 9780963281401